Friday, August 31, 2007

Stuff to Do, starting now.


SO ya ya ya summer is over. Come on you guys. Is it REALLY that bad? Maybe I'm just clueless since I live alone and have no associations with anything seasonal (including the weather-- it's always nice here) or educational (unfortunately), but I REALLY could care less that it's Labor Day. You shouldn't either. The year is winding down, that's sort of odd. It went by fast. I'm not sure what makes time go by fast anyway. I mean-- it's always going at the same pace, it's just when we actually stick our head up and notice it.
Well whatever. It's just Labor Day. Not like the craziest milestone. Let's talk more about time and legacies at the end of December, K?

Meanwhile-- DON'T get overwhelmed for this weekends activities!!! Let's just take it one day at a time. It's always better to have 7 things on your plate that way when you only make it to 4 or 5 it's still a very successful weekend. I'll take it one day at a time for your weekend suggestions on here anyway. With the exception of Skin, because you need to plan for that one. The rest? Eh. Just do what I do and have one drink at each event. I swear one day I'll make a party hopping pop-up book. For now, here:

Lunch at the Contemporary Museum today would be a good idea. Get up there! They are debuting the new exhibit and it's supposed to be HELLA dope. All smoke and mirrors. I already mentioned something about this. I'm hella excited to see the Phantasmagoria.... and eat an avacado wrap. [photo by c. russell -sb]


Whirl away from the office and right into the lovely property of the Honolulu Academy of Arts for "Endless Summer" and see Keoki make surfboards. These are always fun and overflowing with interesting people. Lurk the photo galleries from past events to see what I mean on their website.


Go to Art After Dark early. Like, right at 6pm. Do a whizz-through-whirlwind tour of everything and then get your ass over to UH for Jake's Onthe1. He does these regularly and knows what he's doing. ALLLLL college students are free so get there before its over at 10:30


NEXT!! More Hip Hop because that's the best stuff to dance to. Let's just dance dance dance tonight ok? Check out the Nomasterbacks album release at Tropics over by Ward:


If, for some reason, you aren't down with that then you can't go wrong at Soul Clap. That's Esake's deal so you know it goes off, and when I say "off" I mean very good vibe, you can dance if you want to, you can chat if you want to, and guaranteed there will be a nice chill place to kick it if you want to. Nocturnal Sound CREEEW!