Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Portraits!


Ok. So you may or may not know that I have a bit of a thing for portraits. Portraits and trees. If I was any good at photography you can bet that I would be chasing all of you down to sit for a cw-style portrait. Look for my faves one day, but for now you can look forward to the new exhibit at Thirtyninehotel this Friday. I know, right. First Friday. A.k.a. When-Downtown-turns-into-ZOO day.

date: Friday, September 7
event: First Friday Opening Reception
time: 6pm-9pm & 9pm-2am
admission: FREE (21+ w/valid ID)
6pm-9pm, opening reception for Portraiture Revisited: thirtyninehotel's First Annual Juried Exhibition.
Artists: Mandell Andres, Dana Forsberg, Jaqueline Hegarty, Erika Johnson, Wendy Kawabata, April Lee, Mark Maresca, Lori Ohtani, Jessica Oshita, Ryan Kerns.
Juror: Gaye Chan, Artist and Chair, Department of Art and Art History at the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
After the reception, stick around for DJ Harvey and Chittom. Global cult hero DJ Harvey joins Double Joy’s Mark Chittom for an evening of left-field classics, nu-disco, and wall-to-wall revelry.


Sounds SUPER exciting to me. I won't miss this for the world. TONIGHT you can actually head over there for some chill music and yummy fruit drinks. It's also Kaleidoscope so tonight is Around the World w/Cherry Blossom Cabaret, Black Square, Malcognitas, & Scrabbel (from SF!). Wait. Cherry Blossom?! I'll go around the world with YOU! HAWT.