Saturday, April 21, 2007

Honolulu Film Fest according to, um, me.


Saw Cats Of Mirikitani today. What made me enjoy this film so much was Jimmy Mirikitani himself. His stories, his observations. His personality. His TALENT. Linda, the director who films this piece for over a year of following Jimmy around New York city and some other places, was a bit too doting for my taste. The dude doesn't need help. He needs to express himself. If she eased up only slightly and let the story unfold on its own (and she does for the most part-- brilliant work) then it would get a perfect 10 in my book.

Outfuckingstanding for the first day. I'm gonna check out David Lynch's stuff on Tuesday.

Nice afternoon too today, btw. Sooo windy. Since I insisted of parking on the roof of the parking garage at Dole today guess what time it was. Guess!
KITE time. :)


Matt Costa tonight. I can't tell you how excited I am for this performance. I know he was just here but it really feels like you can never get enough of his show. Like Makana. Except... how much luckier could I get that Makana lives HERE. Oh, I don't know.... how about having him and Matt Costa playing together. Tonight. !!!